Frequently Asked Questions
Australia ETA Visa From Malaysia
1) What is an Electronic Travel Authorization?
An Electronic Travel Authority is a electronic way of being provided authorization as a non-Australian citizen who wishes to travel to Australia. It is electronically connected to your passport and it ideal for short tourist stays or business trips.
2) How do I qualify for a visa?
Individuals who wish to qualify for a visa must first submit an application online, which only takes a few minutes. Before filling out an application, make sure that the country in which you hold a passport from is on the list of the countries Australia allows visas from. If you do not have a passport from one of the accepted countries, you are unable to submit an application.
3) How long am I able to stay in Australia with an ETA?
Maximum three months.
4) What happens if I want to stay in Australia for more than three months?
This will require you to apply for a visa that allows for a longer duration of stay.
5) Are there any age restrictions for applicants?
No, it is open to all ages.
6) Are my children or other family members able to be included in the same online application?
No. Everyone needs to make individuals ETA applications. Individuals are able to create multiple applications under the same reference number, however.
7) How long will it take for my Australia ETA Visa to be processed and approved?
Usually, visas only take a few minutes to be processed and approved. It all depends on what type of visa you choose and how accurate your visa application is; most visas take up to 24 hours to be approved. Be careful when putting together your application and avoid any errors or incorrect information, as these things can cause your visa to take even longer to be processed.
8) I have received my visa application and it was not approved. What do I do?
The best thing to do is contact an Australian embassy or visa office for further assistance.
9) Are refunds given?
Refunds are only provided if your application is not processed within the requested service period.
10) What do I do if I already have a visa for Australia?
If you hold a visa to Australia but wish to obtain an ETA, then you will have to wait until your current visa expires before applying for another one. When your old visa expires, then your current one will be granted.
11) Why does it ask me to disclose any criminal convictions on my application?
Australia takes criminal convictions seriously and so you must disclose any information regarding a prison sentence that has exceeded 12 months. If you try and enter Australia with a conviction and customs finds out, you may be asked to leave and will not be granted access into the country.
12) What are some conditions that come with having an ETA visa?
- Visit to Australia must be limited to tourism or business visitor activities
- Only able to stay in Australia for up to three months at a time.
- An individual may not pick up any work while in the country.
- An individual must not partake in any studying that exceeds three months. Be cautious when enrolling in courses; always find out duration before enrolling.
- An individual must be Tuberculosis-free.
- An individual must not have any criminal convictions that resulted in a prison sentence of 12 months or more.
13) What happens if I have to stay in Australia longer than three months?
You must then apply for another visa before your three months is up.
14) If I am an Australian citizen with citizenship in other countries, do I need an ETA to visit Australia?
No. Australian citizens are granted automatic access into Australia.
15) I have not yet received an email regarding my application process. What should I do?
Sometimes email can be slow, so always refresh your browser and check frequently. Check your spam box as well and make sure you are checking the email you wrote down in your application. Lastly, ensure your mailbox is not full so you can receive new emails when they arrive.